Monday, March 30, 2009

Mortgage/Refinance Recommendation

I am sure so many people out there have had bad, or just onerous loan processes. With rates at all time lows, many of you may be looking at refinancing. I have been through several new home purchases and refinances over the last 25 years, and have been through the good, bad, and ugly.

Well, I just refinanced again with a sub-5% rate. And I have recommendation of a Mortgage Banker to use. I had no prior relationship and only have dealt with this person via email and phone. I found the banker via Zillow.com and I was blessed.

The gentleman is Alan Lacey with Northpointe Bank out of Michigan. He had the best rate/costs and that is why I chose him. What I could not know is how easy he would make the process. I will let my review on Zillow (below) speak for itself. Again, I have nothing to gain by this recommendation. No little gifts or benefits. I have no personal relationship with Alan. So this is as unbiased as it gets. It is solely based on my experience with him.
Alan was awesome. Easiest, most accurate, and most honest loan process I
have been through. He is pleasant, not pushy. He lets the fact that he has the
best product speak for him. He expedites the process, closed us quickly from the
start of the process. Several lenders would not let me lock a rate without
having the appraisal completed. With Alan and Northpointe I locked my rate
within hours of completing the online application. Also, Alan adjusted my
points/rate down automatically when the market changed before closing, a
reduction of $1,875 in closing costs for my loan. I got such a good rate that I
won't be able to use Alan again because I can never afford to let go of this
rate. Alan is a true professional who lets his product and his level of service
secure his long term business. I had some detailed questions about closing costs
a week after the close. He dug in and answered them the same day, even calling
the local title company that did the closing. How many mortgage brokers would do
that? I am telling everyone I know to use Alan and Northpointe.

5 comments:

Purgatory Penman said...

Tony,
I'm glad to see that you are still writing on your blog occasionally. Turns in the road of life have made it difficult for me to read blogs or write on my own. However, I hope to remedy that beginning now. I remember how much I enjoyed your thoughts before, and I am looking forward to communicating with you again.

purgatory penman

Purgatory Penman said...

By the way, that picture at the top of your post is awesome.

purgatory penman

Tony Arnold said...

Thanks. I don't blog much anymore, very little time and seems I have run out of thoughts that I even think are worthwhile. But will continue sporadically. Sorry to hear that it is harder now for you to communicate. May God's peace be with you.

Anonymous said...

What is that very cool picture at the top of your blog, Tony? Reminds me of stories we heard about the youth group's experience on the God and Sea trip two summers ago. -Katie

Mohamed Ali said...

$$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
Are you in need of a Loan to pay off your debt and start a new life? You have come to the right place were you can get your loan at a very low interest rate. Interested people/company should please contact us via email for more details.

E-mail: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com